Friday, November 12, 2010

[DOUBLE FEATURE] Am I who I am? * The colors...

All my life ( or for most of it, anyways) I have carried around these names. Titles of distinction, some good, some unpleasant, but all surround be like the cosmos surrounds the Earth. And yet, do I want to hold them as a wall to protect myself, or do I want to release them as a burden? I found out today that I am not something that I thought I once was. Whether or not I feel it as a blessing or a burden, I do not know my ultimate emotions on the matter. I do know this, though, that my part is not yet complete from releasing myself from this title, and still the pendulum swings heavier and heavier, though my grip begins to slide.

Do I really want to release myself from the bindings that hold me from myself, or do I once again find myself hanging from the cliff away from the protection of those bindings? Are they binding cords, or are they my lifeline?

All grows calm, and I find myself torn.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Days of campus education have found me seeking alternate entertainment from what I once found joy and happiness in. Long ago, I found color analysis to be entertaining, e.g., the color personality test (Red/White/Blue/Yellow), which I scored a good "Frostbite" color with - White, then Blue (at about a half of what White scored), then a rough mixture of Red and Yellow at a couple points each.

Libraries are interesting things. I found myself in the campus library, leafing through its books when I found this information about cities. Apparently, every city is divided into classifiable zones, regardless of whether or not it was designed to be so. Let me show you.


RED ZONE: The "lifeblood of town." Your traditional thoughts when you hear the phrase "metropolis."

ORANGE ZONE: (red+yellow) Shopping malls, street markets, etc. Think: Park Avenue.

YELLOW ZONE: Things of curiosity within the city - things to see, things to hear, and so on. The circus is a great example of this.

GREEN ZONE: (yellow+blue) Calming, yet pleasant. A small lake with ducks, or a park with pigeons to feed. (Good for a walk; people like this the best...)

BLUE ZONE: Serene, cool, placid. Fountains, landscapes, and lakes are sure to be found in this, but water is not necessary.

PURPLE ZONE: Mysterious. The concept behind a dungeon. Quiet, but too quiet. Something is just lurking behind that corner, waiting for the kill...

BROWN ZONE: Wholesome and satisfying. Great place to teak a break from purple's influence. A calm, open plaza with high walls, but still well lit by ambient light, with rocks and trees, all open to the moonlight, and no lurking shadows.

GREY ZONE: Solemn, like a tomb, or a graveyard. Not much in terms of aesthetics, but somber.

WHITE ZONE: Expansive. Towers, mountains, plateaus, anything that will give you a chance to stop and expand your mind. Does not even need to be tall - just expansive. (e.g., no trees within roughly 100-200 feet of your position.)


This leads me to a point where I must subside, but I have more material available for the interested.

No comments: