Friday, February 4, 2011

Wikiquote "Something Happened." It somehow fits my thoughts.

"It's a real problem to decide whether it's more boring to do something boring than to pass along everything boring that comes in to somebody else and then have nothing to do at all." -Joseph Heller, Something Happened

"I want to keep my dreams, even bad ones, because without them, I might have nothing all night long." -ibid

I've been looking at how I've been going about things, and I have come to the conclusion that I would want to leave CS. However, I'm not sure what my next best field is. I've been working on drawings and sheet music (more the drawings nowadays) because I can, and because I enjoy doing so. Personally, I wouldn't say that I'm a good artist yet, but I can also say that I've got scale down for the most part. Some artists have trouble making people to scale, others intentionally skew it, but my major problem is knowing what to do with hands.

Beats learning about data structures, anyways. Dull, boring, and difficult enough to pose a challenge.

I guess my lack of knowledge about how to draw hands is symbolic. I realize that there is something that needs to be done, but I have no idea how. I can even look at myself and not see a solid answer to what I should be doing. But, as any seasoned artist should know, if you can't draw it, don't. I received a tip about drawing hands, which said that unless the hand is doing something important, hide it. Now, I can hide hands in drawings all day long, but I can only hide my own hands for so long.

I'm not to the point where I'm fully immersed in boredom and confusion yet. I do have a slight creative output of dancing, which has actually been really fun for me. I recently began learning the Charleston, and I've been picking it up rapidly. Fun stuff. Too bad I can't stay after wards for "social dance time;" my back-to-back CS classes prevent me from doing so.

How do I draw the hands?

No comments: